Friday, June 4, 2010

Pro-Life Asshats

If you're pro-life for yourself, but don't deign to tell me whether or not to have an abortion, I'm not talking to you. If you're pro-life but you realize the absolute necessity of better sex education, better access to birth control, better and affordable childcare options, and generally understand the big picture about what it would take to reduce the number of abortions, I'm not talking to you.

If you think abortion and/or birth control should be illegal or any harder to get than they already are, I'm talking to you. If you think any bit of my worth as a human being, nay a woman, lies in my ability or willingness to have children, I'm talking to you.
I am so sick of taking the high road. I am tired of pretending like I give two shits about where you're coming from. I'm so over making logical arguments in the face of fucktards who decry government intrusion into their own lives and pocketbooks while they simultaneously think Uncle Sam should tell me and my doctor what to do with my uterus. I'm beyond trying to get them to understand their own shitty attitude about children as punishments for sex. I'm done politely trying to get them to examine their stupid assumptions that being married magically equals either a readiness or willingness to have children.

Fuck you. I hope one of your distant family members gets sick and needs your kidney. You won't really want to give up that kidney and forever change your life, but they're family, right? I hope everyone around you guilts you into it. Then I hope you resent that second cousin for the rest of your altered life. Sure, you'll feel good about saving his life - every other Christmas when you see him for a day at Grandma's house. But will your smug self-satisfaction last you until the next time you get together? I sure hope so, because it's all you'll have left.
Or I hope you turn out to be sterile. I'm fine with either.

If I could rip out my uterus and stomp all over it with stiletto heels, I would do it in front of every flaming idiot who thinks my worth lies in the contents of said body part. That's what I think of your opinions on childbearing. Fucktards, the lot of you.

No comments: